Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Two year old mischief...

(This happened on Aug. 21st, the day before Hana turned two)

Mommy keeps talking about this special day tomorrow where we are having something called a party and I am turning two. I don't know what it is all about really but I know one thing for sure, she is making something interesting in the oven and it is shaped like Pooh, and smells good! I helped her mix up some gunk to put in this pan shaped like Pooh and now it is sitting on the table after coming out of the oven. Mommy seems so excited about it but won't let me touch it though, and I sure want to know what that is. She's cutting out something and covering it with paper and putting Pooh on top of that. I wonder what that is for. OH, wait a minute, the washer just quite and Mommy went to get the laundry... hmmmm I wonder if she going to disappear upstairs for a while with the laundry like she always does. I'm not supposed to touch anything on the table up there, but Pooh is sitting there, and I could get a closer look while she isn't around. Here she comes with that basket full of clothes...


Hana, Mommy is going up stairs to hang out laundry to dry, ok?


ALRIGHT! There she goes, nows my chance. I can get up on that chair and then get a closer look at that Pooh thingy. Ohhhh, he looks so fun. I wonder what he feels like. OHHHH, he feels soft! oh and he tastes real good. Here's these scissors that Mommy was using to cut out his blue backboard, wonder if it would be fun to stab Pooh with the scissors. WOW, they go right through him! Weeeee, this is fun!!! UHOH, Mommy's back!!!!!!!

(And here is what partially amputated Pooh looked like when Mommy returned)


This is Mommy here.... at first I was so mad! But soon, I began to smile about it. Now I will have a great story to tell Hana about her second birthday! And what is a two year old without a little mischief! Although she did get punished for touching things on the table, because she knows she is not supposed to do that. I did not have time to make a whole new cake, so I just had to try and do my best with amputated Pooh. However, once decorated, you could hardly tell he'd been mauled! Here is the final product after I decorated him.


My fondest memories of my childhood birthdays are watching my Mommy make cakes for us. She would work so hard to make them and they turned out so fun and delicious. I remember watching in wonder as the gooey yummy icing came out of the icing bag in the weird shapes, and created my favorite character in bright colors. I always wanted to squeeze the icing out, but Mom would only let me do a tiny bit and then she would tell me she had to do the rest. I dreamed of the day I would do that for my babies, so I could squeeze the icing out on the WHOLE cake, all by myself!!! I've had this Pooh cake pan and the supplies to decorate it for years. It has been waiting for the day I could use it for one of my children! I finally got to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only did the pan fit into my NEW oven ( a miracle since my old oven couldn't hold the pan) but I think I did an OK job of decorating it! I can't wait to make more in the future!

Happy Birthday my sweet baby girl!!!!!!!

No comments: