Friday, July 25, 2008

Translating what Mommy said...

Mommy: "Hana, you have to have a shower this morning. Who do you want to give you a shower?"

Hana: "Mommy!!!"

Mommy: "Okay then, hurry up and eat your breakfast cause I need to get my shower too so I have time to get ready! We are running out of time!"

Hana: "okay!"

TEN MINUTES LATER (and not one more bite has disappeared off her plate)

Mommy: "Okay Hana, I am going to get in the shower. If you haven't finished eating your breakfast by the time I'm done showering then you'll have to let Daddy give you a shower. Okay?"

Hana: "Okay Mommy!"

Then from the bathroom while getting in the shower I hear this...

Daddy: "Hana, are you eating? What did Mommy say?"

Hana: "She said, 'Eat my food!'"


Pretty good translation, I think!

1 comment:

norikoz said...

Hi, I've just found your blog and I just love it! It's full of your love for your little girl, Hana. I have no kids but love to talk about kids' linguistic development. I'm also amazed by her understanding of the first story in Genesis! Looking forward to seeing her growth on your blog. God bless your family!