Monday, March 09, 2009

I think she's actually done it!

I really really think maybe she's done it! It's been a week! She is still very excited about the band-aids, and she insists she isn't sucking her thumb at night or any other time! I am almost in disbelief that it was this easy! I had told her she can only have one band-aid per thumb per day, but I think tomorrow morning I am going to take her band-aids off to be sure she didn't suck her thumb in the night. On the second morning of this, one of her band-aids was loose and when we took it off her thumb was all wrinkled underneath like when you get out of a long bath. She confessed that she had sucked that thumb in the night. So I threatened to not let her have any more band-aids if she did that again. I think it worked, but I want to be sure! I haven't seen her with that thumb in her mouth during the day though, and that is a BIG deal!!!!!!!! I'm so excited, I really hope this is it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, yay! I really hope it worked! I didn't want a long hard adventure for you and Rocky. I pray this works and that that little boy munchkin of yours doesn't find his thumb!! :)

Kim said...

I sure hope it works for her!!! You might consider a binkie for lil bro! When Jun first found her thumb as a tiny baby, a friend who had had the same problems with her son as you are with Hana, said, "you can 'loose' a binkie, but you really can't cut off a finger!" So, we binkied it.

Marla said...

Kim, I am currently the thumb police with little bro. Popping in the "binkie" everytime he states chewing on his fist. He doesn't like it much, but he also chews on it in the night and during naps when I can't be there all the time to give him the alternative. so I am just praying he doesn't find the thumb and get more attached to it than the binkie! Thanks for the advice!