Saturday, January 13, 2007

Vocabulary EXPLOSION!!!

This little girl is talking up a storm. And so much of it is in English, this Mommy has finally put her doubt about whether she'd be totally bilingual to rest. She is speaking a whole lot in both languages, and is beginning to be able to seperate the two languages if told to say something in one or the other!

She is so hilarious though. Get what happened the other day. We were on our way to eat with some friends. She was asking if they had arrived and I said, "no, nobody is here yet." Well lately Hana loves the word nobody, she'll open the door to an empty room and say "nobody?" and then loudly proclaim that nobody is there! Well our friends were not at the restaurant but other people were here and there, so she asked again, and I said, "nobody is here yet" and she said, "Mommy! No, No, Yesbody!" This inteligent little muchkin made up her own word for "somebody" and I think it is just about the most creative thing for such a little mind to come up with! So now Rocky and I have decided to replace the word somebody with yesbody in our speach!!! LOL! and now, when she sees babies, she says, "babybody!" What a riot!

She is really beginning to express so much and it is so fun. I especially love that when I have been away from her for a little while likes to try to tell me what happened while I was gone. So fun to try to figure out what she is saying and she gets so excited when I understand!

She is becoming such a loving affectionate child. She randomly tells us she loves us. She sometimes runs to us and wants a hug, and when we pick her up she wraps those little arms around our neck and tightly as she can and squeezes. She scrunches up her face when she does it too! So cute! she is also saying "I missed you" when we've been away.

She is also a very helpful, very generous little girl. She loves to help out, so we have no problems with disobedience when we go to the store or out in public. I just get her to help me, gathering up groceries or whatever. She loves it! and she loves to help me wash dishes or clean up the room. She wants to help so much, sometimes I have to ask her not to, because it can make the job more difficult for Mommy sometimes.

So very very precious!!!!!!

No comments: