Saturday, April 07, 2007

Homemade Easter basket...




Well I'm sort of limited on my Easter supplies here in Japan and waited too long to order anything (which would have been outrageously expensive anyways) so we got creative for her Easter eggs and basket! I found a little pattern for making a basket online, and used our old milk cartons to hand make the basket. I printed out some stickers to decorate the outside of the basket. But then came the challenge of coloring the eggs. Well, I found Japanese food coloring but it is all "natural" and not very potent. The red, yellow and green did OK with coloring, but the blue and purple would NOT color the eggs at all! Oh well, we got some pretty pastels. Except for one egg that I left sitting in the green coloring for a couple of hours. It got REALLY green!

Happy Easter to my sweet baby.

No comments: