Monday, February 11, 2008

That's ok Mommy!


I mentioned in my recent post that Hana is such an encourager. Well she just amazes me with this. Yesterday at lunch I made one of Hana's (and my) favorite things. It's called koyadofu, it's a kind of tofu. The broth you cook it in is sooooo yummy, and Hana and I both really really love this food. During lunch Hana had two pieces of the tofu, and then she got up to go to the restroom at one point. She sometimes takes her sweet time actually getting to the bathroom and getting BACK to the table. She had eaten quite a lot of rice and salad, so I thought she was probably almost finished with her lunch. I proceeded to eat all of the tofu that was left. Hana eventually returned to her seat, and I was already at the sink washing dishes. At one point she realized all the tofu was gone and she yelled, "HEY, where tofu go?!!! I want more!" I sheepishly confessed that I had eaten it all and I was very sorry (it had sort of occured to me that she might want more, but I thought to myself "nahhhh" and at the last piece). I appologized to her several times and promised to make it again soon. Then a few minutes later I said, "Oh Hana I feel really bad that I ate all the tofu, I'm really sorry!" And she just grinned at me, patted me on the arm and said, "It's okay Mommy! It's okay!" sooooo sweet and if you could just hear her little voice and the way she pronounces "okay", it'll just melt your heart.

Then this morning, at breakfast, she again decided she needed to get up and go to the restroom during the meal. Before she left the table, she pointed to her oatmeal and said, "Don't anybody eat this I'm gone... 'kay?" I just chuckled and promised her oatmeal was safe. I then asked Rocky where he thinks she got that from, we never tell people not to eat our food when we get up from the table? I don't even know where she learned to put together that sentence. It just occured to me while I was writing this post, maybe she was afraid mommy would eat all her oatmeal, since I had eaten all her tofu the day before!

LOL!

1 comment:

Cher said...

That's what I thought of immediately--she wanted to make sure mommy didn't eat her oatmeal. So adorable

Cherilyn