Monday, October 09, 2006

Talking/Growing up a storm...

She is growing and talking like crazy. I can not keep up with the hilarious things that she says, and I never can remember them when I sit down to write here, but she is so cute. I am still concerned that most of her talk is in Japanese, I can get her to say a lot of things in English if I say it for her and make her repeat it, but most of what naturally comes out of her mouth is Japanese. She understands EVERYTHING said in either language, and people keep telling me she'll start speaking English a lot too. I'm just praying that is true!

her newest fad is Ice Cream! I gave a little as a snack a few days ago and watch out, her goal is to get it for almost every meal! She can open the freezer (on the bottom of the fridge here in Japan) and pull it out. She asked for it for breakfast yesterday! It is so cute, I only mentioned what it was once, but she remembered it, and talks about it a lot. She calls it "I keen"

She hasn't had any accidents in I don't know how long so she's doing great with the potty. She has been waking up in the middle of the night some lately so that can be a pain. She wants to get in bed with us, and if she does that she sleeps ON ME and tosses and turns the whole rest of the night. So a couple times we've had to put her back in her bed and let her cry herself back to sleep. We haven't had to cry it out for a VERY long time, so it is kind of crazy. But usually it only takes a couple times, and she knows Mommy and Daddy are seriously not coming back and she gives up quickly, so we'll see. Two nights ago we were in a hotel, and last night she was so tired she didn't wake up, so we'll see how tonight goes.

This morning we went to the kindergarten where I teach English and watched their sports day. WOW, Japan is SERIOUS about sports days. I've always heard what a big deal they are, but to see it was AMAZING. Talk about preperation, I mean it ran like clockwork, and everything went perfectly. Hana LOVED playing in the dirt, she covered herself with it. I really enjoyed watching my kids, they did a dance I helped to make up too, and they were so awesome! It was a great day. Hana did one activity for preschoolers, they did a little race to go grab a prize, she wouldn't do it alone though. Most of the other kids didn't either! Then once later she go ahold of a ball that needed to be returned to the teachers, and she went out into the middle of all the kids to try to give it back. No one even seemed to notice she was there and she came back with the ball after half the group had laughed at her cute little attempt to return the ball.

That's life these days for us!

Marla

No comments: