Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Hana baby girl...

Wow, I am just in awe of this little girl. She is growing soooooooo fast. She had on a pair of pants today that seemed to big for her just this winter and now they fit her just right. She is washing herself in the bath (except for hair) and getting out of the bath, drying off and getting dressed all by herself. A couple of nights ago, Daddy was in the bath and I was nursing Kai and she said she was sleepy and wanted to go to bed, so I told her she could if she wanted to. So she just went upstairs and got in bed all by herself! Of course she wanted Mommy and Daddy to come up later and kiss her good night, but she was so proud of going up there by herself! I was amazed that she did too. Signs of growing up I guess.

She is very concerned about her teeth. They started brushing teeth at preschool and now she wants to brush her teeth all the time. She told me a dentist came to school today and checked their teeth and her teeth were great. I asked if I could take her to the dentist to get a fluoride treatment and she got so excited about that! Now she's asking when she can go. I haven't taken her for those until now because at her 18 month required dental check she screamed bloody murder and they never even touched her, he just looked inside her mouth while she was screaming and said she looks okay! LOL! So I figured she wouldn't let them do it. She HATES for her regular doctor to make her say "ahhhh" so he can see her throat and usually he has to pry her mouth open to see as she is crying and resisting it. But maybe the dentist is clearly a different thing to her and maybe now we can get fluoride treatments! Yea!

Last week she ripped the edge of a toe nail off at school and they had to take her to the doctor. She had to visit the doctor daily after that to get it cleaned and the dressing changed. She was so proud that she didn't cry at the doctor after the first day. So cute!

We are working hard at two things right now. Being gentle with KaiKai and being considerate of him, and picking up toys (yes that issues rears it's ugly head again, or did it ever go away in the first place?). I finally had all I could take with the refusal to pick up toys and the almost daily battles about it. So the other night I told her that the next day I was packing away most of her toys and she couldn't have them back until she learned to keep the few remaining toys I leave out for her put away neatly. I packed away more than half of her toys and she can not open her toy box without permission and she can only have one toy out at a time. She can't get another unless that toy is put away! It's working so far, and she is being very obedient to ask if she can open her toy box and to always put things away. I think we may have found what works. And the fewer toys seems to make it easier on her to play so we might just keep it this way! As for being gentle and kind to her brother, she was getting out of control with just doing whatever she wanted to with him. Last week she got grounded from him for the whole day twice and once when I saw her smear her hands all over her face I completely lost my cool and yelled at her. Now we talk a lot about how to treat him and I praise her excessively when she is doing good with him. The past couple of days have been better. We'll see if she keeps it up.

But she really is a wonderful big sister most of the time. And she is sooooooo helpful! Tonight she asked for pigs-in-a-blanket for dinner. She helped me make the bread dough, and rolled it out and wrapped the wieners when the dough was ready. Then at dinner she was saying how yummy it was and she looked up at me and said, "Mommy thank you for making pigs-in-a-blanket cause I asked for them!" Talk about melt Mommy's heart! What a thoughtful little darling!

1 comment:

Kim said...

How fun to hear how Hana is growing up! I find Jun's progress is in up and down spirals. When she "masters" something, it is time to ask Mama to do it - no challenge anymore. As for the toys...I hear your pain!

Can't wait to see more pics of Kai when you get his adoption final!

Have a blessed day!!! - Kim