Friday, September 15, 2006

Language explosion...

Hana is not necessarily having a vocabulary explosion but a language or communication explosion. In the last week she has started putting together 3 and 4 word sentences and today made a 5 word sentence. I was so shocked. We were talking about going somewhere and Hana comes running up and says "Daddy, Nana wants to go too." She calls herself Nana. I couldn't believe it. She sounded like a 4 year old or something to me. She is so cute about using every word in her vocabulary to communicate. Which at this point means using both English and Japanese so I have decided to lay off being strict about using only English for a while. I'd rather her be able to communicate, and instead am just repeating things in English as much as a I can. It works too because before she was saying eat-tai or pool-tai for I want to (shitai means I want to in Japanese) but she has stopped doing that on her own with my simply repeating what she wants in English. Now she leaves of the tai part and just says the main word. It is just amazing to me how quickly her language is developing, there is a visible difference every day!

Yesterday Hana had a fever and by late evening was telling me she needed to go teetee like every 20 or 30 minutes. so I thought she may have a bladder infection. Turns out she doesn't but somehow, that couple of hours of telling me so often she needed to go, made something click in her brain and she is now totally telling me she needs to go. I only asked her twice today if she needed to go and she said no and meant it. All the rest of the day she came and found me and told me. I even didn't take her right after her nap but waited for her to ask to go, and she did eventually without any accidents. I am tempted to declare her totally potty trained, BUT I will wait because she changes so much sometimes. and she seems to be in a phase of wanting me to treat her like a baby, she wants me to hold her milk cup and let her drink while being held like a baby, and she is even wanting to nurse lately! I can't believe she remembers it, but being around a few babies recently has triggered her memory I guess. I'm not letting her (I'm too afraid she would bite me) but she seems to want to go back to being a baby a little bit. So I am cautious about the potty too. Plus she isn't totally night time dry yet. So I am keeping her in diapers at night.

Other than that, all is well. She is so happy and fun these days. We are doing good with pre-school, it is just a short part of our mornings or afternoons (30 min. to an hour or so) but she really enjoys it. She just loves learning and I want to keep it fun! What a joy raising a two year old is. She is also so so so obedient. I am very proud of how obedient she is. I can not remember the last time I really had to get onto her. She is just so much fun!!!

I took some video today of blowing bubbles during pre-school AND I have some pics, I'll get those up soon, but for now Mommy is off to bed.

No comments: