Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Still doing good...

She's still doing really well in big girl panties! There are accidents here and there, but I think we are on the back streatch. She is dry every morning too. It won't be long now. The only thing is, I have to decide what I am going to do with this huge pack of diapers I got. I'd been filling up a point card for her brand of diapers for the past year since we moved here. The store I get them at has a special, after you buy ten packs of diapers, you get one free. I finally got one for free so I chose the pullups, but she isn't going to need them all. And to save them for the next baby, who knows how long they will have to sit around!? But I guess diapers don't go bad, so I could just put them in a large plastic bag, so they don't get moist, and save them for the next potty training!

She is such a happy baby these days too. Mommy and Daddy being home and not so busy has made a big difference in her personality. She is so fun, and playful. She is pretty good about letting me get things done and playing by herself too. She is watching way too many videos while I work on other stuff right now, but when I get the house in order I hope to start some morning homeschool pre-K acitivites. Just simple stuff, coloring numbers and letters, etc. We are going to costco this afternoon and I am going to see if I can find some good coloring books, etc.

She's talking like crazy too. Putting together three words sometimes. Like "teetee no go" and "Mommy, eata kore" eata is Hana's way of saying eat. I don't know why she puts the a on the end? And kore means this in Japanese. So she is mixing the languages. she is also into possession. She must declare what is whose. Hana's booka (she also adds a to the end of book). Mommy's bowl, Daddy's bowl, Nana's bowl (she calls herself Nana). When she sees objects and she knows who they belong to, she tells me. It's so cute.

Mama, has also almost completely disappeared. I'm Mommy now most of the time. Dada left her vocab a while back, but she slowly started switching back and forth between Mama and Mommy, but the last few days I don't recal hearing Mama at all. I thought I would be sad to not hear Mama anymore, but it doesn't matter what she calls me, it is so precious to hear that sweet little voice calling my name.

She is still over stuffing her cheeks with food, but is getting good about understand that she has to chew and swallow it all before she gets more food. We have had a few stand offs where she refussed to chew and swallow, especially one with Daddy that lasted almost two hours. They are both very hard headed. LOL! but she hasn't done that again since Daddy outlasted her. Sometimes it takes her 15 or 20 minutes, and yesterday she wet her pants because I wouldn't let her out of her high chair until she chewed up and swallowed what was in her mouth. But she is slowly learning that we mean business, and she might be getting better about not stuffing her mouth as full as she used to. Maybe!

she's suck a joy to me! She really is so very obedient for a two year old. There are days that the level of her energy drives me nuts, the constant, "Mommy, mommy, mommy!!!" and chatter chatter chatter, and when she gets really hyper! But at the same time it is precious, and it is well within the boundaries of normal. I have seen much worse. And she is easy to control, even when she gets hyper! She's a good good girl.

No comments: