Sunday, September 03, 2006

There are good days and there are bad...

Fortunately, we have mostly good days! With potty training that is! Things are going quite well. We started last Monday or Tuesday, I can't remember for sure. We had a couple of GREAT days and then one really bad day (FOUR accidents), then the next day I think there were a couple of accidents, and the last two days have been perfect (or maybe very early yesterday morning she had an accident, it's all running together for me now). So I was brave enough to go to church this morning in big girl panties. We started with a baptism at 8:30 a.m. which is quite early for us (be sure and check out the ministry blog and read about the baptism, AWESOME stuff!!!), and then there was a major meeting after church so we were there until 5 in the afternoon. And it was a PERFECT day! We just have to get into a rythm with each other it seems. On that day that she had four accidents, I was getting a little too relaxed because she had done so well the first couple of days. She had accidents right around the time I would be thinking to myself, "I should take her to the potty, but I'll just finish this up first." and before I would finish up what I was doing, she'd have an accident. I have to learn to listen to those Mommy instincts! AND I have had to learn to take her even when she doesn't want to go. It is soooooooooo funny, since we've been doing this all week, now when I look at her and say "Hana, do you......" before I even get that far into my sentence she says "NO" and goes on about her business. For the next few minutes she completely ignores me! SOOOO funny. She must be so sick of being asked if she needs to go teetee. So today, I never asked her. The answer is always no anyways, so I just took when I thought she should be needing to go! It seems to be working. Now someone tell me how long it will be before she truthfully answers me when I ask if she needs to go, and then how long will it be till she tells me every time and I don't have to ask, AND THEN tell me how long it's going to be till she can take HERSELF to the potty! That day, there will be a HUGE celebration in this house!!! I'm already worn out! But I am just thankful I am not cleaning up puddles all day long and washing 20 panties a day!

This really is FUN! If I sound like I'm complaining, well, I'm having the time of my life!

No comments: